LM340A-5.0 5 Volt Voltage Regulator
Three-terminal positive voltage regulators employ internal current-limiting, thermal shutdown and safe-area compensation, making them essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1.0A output current.
They are intended as fixed voltage regulators in a wide range of applications including local (on-card) regulation for elimination of noise and distribution problems associated with single-point regulation. In addition to use as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable output voltages and currents.
* 5 Volt Output
* Pre-Bent Leads For PCB Use
* Complete specifications at 1A load
* Output voltage tolerances of +/-2% at Tj = 25 C and +/-4% over the temperature range (LM340A)
* Internal thermal overload protection
* Internal short-circuit current limit
* Output transistor safe area protection
MFG: National Semiconductor
NOTE**Can Also be Motorola**