The MC14511 BCD-to-seven segment latch/decoder/driver is constructed with complementary MOS (CMOS) enhancement mode devices and NPN bipolar output drivers in a single monolithic structure. The circuit provides the functions of a 4-bit storage latch, an 8421 BCD-to-seven segment decoder, and an output drive capability. Lamp test (LT), blanking (BI), and latch enable (LE) inputs are used to test the display, to turn-off or pulse modulate the brightness of the display, and to store a BCD code, respectively. It can be used with seven-segment light-emitting diodes (LED), incandescent, fluorescent, gas discharge, or liquid crystal readouts either directly or indirectly.
Applications include instrument (e.g., counter, DVM, etc.) display driver, computer/calculator display driver, cockpit display driver, and various clock, watch, and timer uses.
* Low Logic Circuit Power Dissipation
* High-Current Sourcing Outputs (Up to 25 mA)
* Latch Storage of Code
* Blanking Input
* Lamp Test Provision
* Readout Blanking on all Illegal Input Combinations
* Lamp Intensity Modulation Capability
* Time Share (Multiplexing) Facility
* Supply Voltage Range = 3.0 V ~ 18 V
* Capable of Driving Two Low-power TTL Loads, OneLow-power Schottky TTL Load or Two HTL Loads Over the Rated Temperature Range